The most important part of working in a kitchen involves the correct usage of the kitchen worktop. It is the sole tool for achieving all forms of goals in a kitchen, be it simply cutting some vegetables or cracking open a coconut. A kitchen worktop can be hence, compared to a workhorse. It is your servant in some sorts, and you master in many ways. Choosing the correct kitchen worktop hence is one of the most important parts of building the kitchen of your dreams. Every worktop is unique- it has its own properties and behavioral characteristics.
In the present generation where personalization is the key to excellent room service, there is a wide range of worktops available, both specialist and non-specialist. The latter is the easy way out and is the cheaper version. The former requires a few pre-requisites such as measurements, knowledge about the kitchen units and where will they be placed, and so on. Let us know more about the kitchen worktops.
Before you start selecting the best modern kitchen worktops, you need to understand your requirements thoroughly. There are some parameters that you need to consider while looking for the best modern kitchen worktop: –
- You must outlay the total amount that you are willing to spend on the kitchen worktop. This is a basic principle which you must follow.
- You need to analyze if you have the time to perform the process yourself or would you require the services of contractors.
- Depending on the nature of your cooking, do you need a heat resistant worktop or not. Obviously, the heat resistant variant will cost you a bit more.
- Will you be able to keep up with the maintenance needs of your kitchen worktop? You do not want to end with a worktop that you do not have time to clean after every meal.
- What type of color and texture you want for your worktop. The final choice must be in sync with the existing theme of your kitchen.
In accordance with the new trends of modern kitchen worktops,we have compiled a set of worktop options with the features and benefits that accompany them.
- Wooden Worktops have a warranty of 5 years and are manufactured to be dirt and water repelling. These worktops can be cleaned with natural worktop gels and soapy sprays.
- Worktops with a solid surface are quite durable and come with a warranty period of 10 years. A soft damp cloth with some water is enough to clean these surfaces.
- Quartz worktops have been manufactured to resist chipping and scratching. They have a warranty period of 5 years and can be easily cleaned with water and a soft cloth.
- Resistance to stain and other pathological agents such as dirt, bacteria and dust is the prime highlight of Minerva worktops. They are provided with a warranty period of 5 years and requires only a household cloth for cleaning.
- With a warranty period of 15 years, granite worktops are highly durable and can hold up a lot of weight. The granite worktops have been specially designed to be non-porous and can be easily cleaned with a common cloth.
Now that you are armed with some good information about selecting worktops, we hope that you will choose the correct worktop for your kitchen considering its characteristic features, the agents to which the worktop is resistant to and the warranty provided by each worktop. There are many reliable vendors for kitchen worktops, who can help you with the requirement.
Amaira has passionately cultivated her hobby for interior designing for years. Apart from design, her interests include Cooking, music, and cats. She loves to write about luxury interior designs and share amazing ideas around the world.