If you are searching the right roofing material for your house, then corrugated roofing can be considered as an excellent choice. Corrugated roofing is a rippled metal sheet, which is used for roofing purpose. These metal sheets are very sturdy and provide lasting durability. It also helps the roof against corrosion in air and water.
Corrugated roofing came into existence in the early 1840’s and is in use since then. These roofs are mostly used for commercial, industrial and industrial purposes. However, it is now also being well-known for residential roofing. If you are replacing your house roof or building a new home, corrugated metal roofing can be a perfect choice for you. It provides long lasting protection to your home.
Types of Corrugated Roofing
These metal roofing are light weighted. However, when formed into a rippled shape, the durability of roof is enhanced by its structure. It is preferable to install corrugated roofing on a slope so as to get rid of water quickly. There are three different types of metals used for developing corrugated roofing. These metals vary in terms of their cost, durability and appearance.
- Corrugated Aluminum Roofing: This roofing is one of the best with regard to its quality and value. It is very durable and rust-free. It does not require any kind of additional coating and can be designed as per your needs.
- Corrugated Steel Roofing:These sheets are costly in comparison with the aluminum sheets. These sheets come with a natural gray finish. It can be a difficult task to design and paint these sheets.
- Corrugated Copper Roofing:It is the most expensive types of corrugated roofing. The cooper sheets are very easy to install and rust resistant. Indeed, over the time they patina naturally.
Benefits of Having Corrugated Roofing
These roofs are simply amazing and here are few points which prove them as one of the best options for your home.
- Long Life Expectancy:On an average, these metal sheets last for 30 to 50years. The corrugated shaped of the roof prevent them from any type of wearing or corrosion. Apart from that, they cannot get affected by water and weather problems, and they can provide you excellent durability.
- Durability:Corrugated roofing is made up of rippled metal sheets, which provides a large surface area to the house. Metal is a non-combustible in nature and resist fire. Even, these sheets withstand bends that can occur due to fallen branches or pebbles. All this guarantees intensified durability. These sheets are also coated with special chemicals to prevent algae growth over the roofs.
- Flexibility:Light-weighted nature of metal sheets is considered as the best properties of corrugated roofing. People can easily install this light weight roofing at less time and it will cost you less also. .
- Weather Protection:the corrugated metal sheets are highly resistant to extreme weather conditions. It can bear extreme heat in summers and heavy snow fall in winters.
- Energy Saver:the rippled metal sheets help to repel heat from getting into the house. This keeps your house calm and cool even in summers. As a result, less energy is consumed to keep your house at normal temperature.
- Cheap:The corrugated roofs survive twice as long as clay or asphalt shingled roofs. Not only this, these sheets are far too cheap than asphalt roofs.
The above mentioned points will help you in making a wise decision and choosing corrugated roofing for your home. This roofing is not only durable and rust resistant. It also serves its purpose in terms of aesthetics and functionality.
So, why wait, go for it now!