For those who do not know, a ducted heating system is designed for providing heat and warmth to the house and also to commercial buildings. Ducted heating can provide warmth and ventilation either to one particular room or to more than one room. They also hold the capacity to control the temperature of the building in accordance with the outside temperature.
Improve Your Ducted Heating System in Five Simple Steps
If you fall into the category of those people who wait for the winters to arrive and then get the ducted heating fixed, then you should change this behaviour at the earliest. You wouldn’t want your heating system to stop working all of a sudden on a chilly winter night. Who would want to spend a large sum of money on a technician to get the system and its equipment fixed? Rather, you yourself can improve the efficiency of this kind of heating system.
- Get your heating system serviced by a professional before the winter arrives. You need not keep your heater in your living room or your bedroom. The heater can be kept inside your garage or basement. People start worrying about the heater when they switch on the thermostat but do not get a response thereafter. However, to avoid such circumstances, it is important to service your ducted heating system regularly, so that it runs efficiently.
- For the ones having hot water radiator, it is important to release the air from the system. You can do this by first heating up the boiler but ensure that the pump is running. Keep the valve open till the time water doesn’t come out. As soon as you spot water, close the valve. Similarly, keep evacuating air from each valve. By releasing the air, the efficiency increases. For the ones having forced air systems, the efficiency can be improved by changing the filter to avoid clogging. Keep a check on the filter on monthly basis.
- Install a programmable thermostat into your ducted heating system. These thermostats are easy to install and would only heat the part of your house where you want it to. You can set a fixed timer on them or you can control them via remote or through your phone. Making your heating system smart would actually save up a lot on the energy consumption.
- If you think that you can only switch on your fan during summers, then you are wrong. After turning on the heater, switch on the fan at a lower speed so that it distributes the warmth evenly inside the room. Doing this, the heat won’t get accumulated at one particular place rather it will get circulated all over the house.
- The final step is to increase the safety of your house and not the efficiency. The ducted heating systems are mostly kept in the basement along with other scrapped out materials. Keeping your heating systems in a closed area can lead to accidents. Specially, if there are any flammable objects around your systems, there is a high probability of catching fire. Precautions must be taken for that like installing smoke detectors in the rooms and also carbon monoxide detectors.
Benefits of Using Ducted Heating
One of the common heating systems that are used is ducted heating which provides warm air to your entire house. These heating systems provide certain benefits such as:
- They provide comfort to the entire building and not to a particular room.
- They are extremely efficient and are available in between 5 and 7-star ratings.
- These heating systems distribute air evenly over a large area.
- Such heating systems are easier to control. They come with remote via which you can increase or decrease the temperature.
Moreover, they have an aesthetically pleasant look attached to it which makes your house look presentable and attractive.
About the author:
Jessica Curry is a professional writer to share my blogs and ideas about Home Improvement, Health, Business and Automotive that will be informative for readers who loves to gain knowledge. ideas. Follow her on social media at Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.